Monday, March 2, 2009

Dr. Alice Christie

Alice Christie has created an awesome website. She has been in education over 30 years. The website is a lot larger than I expected and it really amazed me. She really knows how to reach everyone, including parents, children, and other educators. She has updated information on her site and it includes Education Technology. The Education Technology involves a section on Instant Messaging.

The Instant Messaging includes different subcategories and they include Lists of Internet Slang Terms, Instant Messaging Article, LeetSpeak, and Instant Messaging Abbreviations. This particular section interested me because the world is becoming more slang than ever. This will help students, parents, and other teacher explore the world of IM. Each subcategory has link underneath them that can be clicked on to learn more on the subject.

I think it would be great if I could create a site as Dr. Alice Christie has done. I think her site has inspired me and amazed me all at the same time. Creating a site like hers could lead me to be a better teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment