Monday, March 2, 2009

iPods and Teaching

Should teachers use iPods for instruction? I believe the answer is yes. After searching the web I have made that decision. I discovered a blog, Successful Teaching, which is used by a teacher in Greenville, South Carolina. In her blog she has a post about including iPods in her classroom. She noted “If we look a bit deeper, we can also conclude that this will have a positive change in the environment, as paper waste will be reduced because of this. In other words, the potential to learn with the iPod and the ability for it to be beneficial is absolutely astronomical”. I also found that Universities use iPods in teaching. Duke University is a university that uses iPods for its students. Duke is actually giving iPods to freshman students. The iPods will be preloaded for the freshman students with information about freshman-orientation information, an academic calendar, and the Duke fight songs.

I think iPods will be great for teachers to use in their classrooms. I do believe that iPods need to be limited to classroom material only. Using iPods in the classrooms could be interesting ans useful as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment