Friday, April 24, 2009

Twitter


In my EDM 310 class we have studied about Twitter. Twitter is a website that people can log on to and type what they are doing. Each person types to the answer to the question “What are you doing?”. I have viewed a video on twitter and it was very informational about how Twitter is use all around the world. One a person logs on to Twitter and inserts a message, the message is called a tweet. Tweets are added anytime someone wants to add to them. They may enter “I drinking coffee” or “I'm doing homework.

After viewing the video on Twitter, I decided that I did not like it. I think some of the information is to personal. Twitter can be used in the classroom. Teachers could use it to contact their students, parents, other teachers, or other members of faculty or administration staff. However, I do not think that is a good thing to use in the classroom. If students used it amongst themselves it would not be a bad and the same goes for teachers. I just would prefer to use some other ways of reaching out to my students.

Using Twitter as a teacher is completely different from using it as an individual. In the paragraph above I had already noted that I would not prefer the use of Twitter in the classroom. As an individual, I feel that Twitter is really to personal to me. I would not like to tell the world “I going to bed” or “I drinking coffee”. I think that people reading all of my personal information is not for me. I know that I only have to post the things that I want, but I just would prefer not to use it.

There are other people in this world that might have different views about Twitter, but I just do not think it is good for the classroom. I do like other websites and they could be used in the classroom, but only to a certain point. The teacher and their students need a relationship with each other, but they do not need to know absolutely everything about one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment